Prioritizing your safety through our comprehensive COVID-19 policy - because health and peace of mind go hand in hand.
READ CAREFULLY - THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings regarding COVID-19, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by Julia's Pet Pals, or the employees, representatives, or agents of Julia's Pet Pals.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above-described activity regarding COVID-19, acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19, and understand that CDC and public health authorities recommend the practice of social distancing and masking, and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge Julia's Pet Pals for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of Julia's Pet Pals, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, Julia's Pet Pals or other third parties.
I acknowledge that Julia's Pet Pals has followed all local and state requirements regarding the coronavirus pandemic to reduce the spread of COVID-19. I acknowledge that Julia's Pet Pals cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend Julia's Pet Pals against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs, or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of Julia's Pet Pals.
4. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under South Carolina law.
5. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that Julia's Pet Pals has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
6. ARM'S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm's length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either "for" or "against" a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
7. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations among the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using the below Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure.
Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to mediation in accordance with any statutory rules of mediation. If mediation is not successful in resolving the entire dispute or is unavailable, any outstanding issues will be submitted to final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award will be final, and judgment may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
BY USING THE JULIA'S PET PALS WEBSITE OR ENGAGING IN OUR SERVICES, YOU IMPLICITLY AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THIS COVID-19 POLICY.
WHY JULIA'S PET PALS REQUIRES MASKING
We understand that some of our clients, both human and furry, may have heightened vulnerability to illnesses, not limited to just COVID-19. Additionally, nobody wants to face trip disruptions due to illness or, worse, falling ill during their travels.
Our Standard COVID-19 Policies:
Masks covering the nose and mouth are mandatory for all human clients aged 2 and above. If you have young children who cannot mask, please inform us in advance, and we'll make suitable non-mask arrangements.
If you don't have access to masks, kindly let us know before our initial meet and greet, and we'll provide you with a surgical-grade or better mask.
If you test positive for COVID-19 and need to cancel, please inform us promptly before the scheduled visit, and we'll waive the cancellation fee. If we encounter repeated misuse of this policy, we may need to review the situation and take appropriate action.
We don't accept house-sitting assignments if other individuals are present in the home. However, individuals may be present during walks or drop-ins, provided they wear masks during handoffs.
Optional COVID-19 Policies Available Upon Request:
Disinfection of frequently touched surfaces before departing your home.
Testing before meet and greets and 24-48 hours before the pet sit (additional test costs may apply to the overall total).
Pet Care Needs
We have made quality our habit. It’s not something that we just strive for – we live by this principle every day.
While most of the things about the creative process will be forgotten, the excellence of our products and services will be remembered.